Thursday, February 28, 2008

Poking and Kicking

So yesterday Jen was excited since the baby was really active and you could actually SEE the baby pushing up against her skin. What i mean is that every so often you could see little bulging from her belly... I was amazed! Apparently little C has been very active lately especially when Jen hasn't eaten yet.
I'm wondering how a baby can affect a mother's appetite. It must release some type of chemical to notify the mother that it is hungry... and somehow it must release other types of chemicals to let the induce certain cravings? I don't have any idea.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yes, the baby has been really active lately. I think she/he might be going through some kind of growth spurt because I have been hungrier than normal, more tired, and feeling a bit sore in spots. I guess that means we are both growing! My body is no longer my own. :) It's all very exciting though. I can't believe I'm going on 6 months already!